The School council is one of the ways that children can become leaders at our school. An annual "Hustings" is held in September, to elect the chair and secretary. There is a class council every week, the members were voted on by their class; the School Council meets every third week. Suggestion boxes are in every class for children to write their ideas down and these are emptied and discussed at class councils, with ideas taken to the full meeting by the class chair and secretary.
Members of the School Council 2018/19 are:
Year 1: Jackson and Oliver
Year 2: Caleb and Alice
Year 3: Lewis and Osgar
Year 4: Elianne and Lacey-Mai
Year 5: Isaac and Rupert
This year the School Council Chair is ------(Y6) and the Secretary is ------ (Y6) - To be announced.......
They were chosen as they received the most votes after the "Hustings" in assembly, where various Y6 children stood for election.
Our Achievements and Aims for 2017/18:
- We have re-opened the Gold Area
- We would like more non-sporty and sporty clubs
- We would like the climbing equipment in KS1 to be fixed
- We would like water fountains on the wall in both playgrounds
- We would like to change the bamboo item in KS1 and have a sandpit in its place with a fence, and for its cover to be a road map to play on