Curriculum INTENT: click here to understand the intent behind our curriculum design (not yet active)
In September 2020, we will be implementing a new curriculum for Years 1-6.
The year will be split in to three terms:
- Autumn: DISCOVERERS: The whole school will be Historians and will have their own History topic.
- Spring: EXPLORERS: The whole school will be Geographers and will have their own Geography topic.
- Summer: CREATORS: The whole school will be artists, musicians and designers. Each class will 'take one picture' as a stimulus for their term's work.
INVESTIGATORS: each year group will have their own Science topics and this subject will be taught weekly throughout the year.
Our mornings will continue with the current structure: Maths No Problem; English; Guided Reading; (Phonics-EYFS/Y1)
We want our curriculum to be: So that our children will be:
- Memorable Reflective learners
- Motivating Team workers
- Inspiring Independent enquirers
- Thought-provoking Creative thinkers
- Linked to local and world issues Self managers
- Relevant to our children Effective participants
- Developing aspirations